| N BAR RANCH
WHAT TO BRING?
Clothing and Riding Gear
- long sleeved shirts, light colored in spring and summer
- heavy sweater and/or wind breaker! Even in the middle of summer, when the sun goes down it gets COLD.
- scarf or bandana
- walking shoes or hiking boots
- boots with heels for riding (hiking boots don't make it, unless you don't want to ride)
- hat: cowboy. Cowboy hats offer more protection from our intense sun.
- canteen with a study strap. The size we suggest is one quart or one liter.
- rain gear--but please, no super-light "disposable" ponchos
Things to Forget:
- chapstick or some kind of lip balm with sun protection
- sleeping bag rated down to thirty, this is needed anytime of year
- flashlight and extra batteries
- YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING YOUR OWN SADDLE
- BOOZE! B.Y.O.B.; we'll stop at a grocery store on the way to the ranch so you can stock up
- cash. (for tipping the help)
- We are a long way from anywhere, and a three hour drive to the nearest drug store, so please be sure you have an adequate supply of all medications you may need.
We have no electricity so leave those blow dryers, curling irons, shavers, and radios at home. Your cell phones, Blackberries, Raspberries or what ever the hell ya got won't work here either.
Besides, you're on vacation!
And hey, we know your dog is special and sweet and perfect, but ours aren't and we have too many as it is, so please, NO DOGS!